Thursday, March 17, 2011

Robert Frost "After Apple Picking'

After taking time to read Frost poem "After Apple Picking" I am almost certain that he isn't really talking about apples. I feel he's using the apples as a metaphor for life and work. He says he has a ladder pointing up to heaven but still a barrel there waiting to be filled. That to me shows he's ready to die. However nobody is ever ready no body has controll on their life and when their struggles shall end. He's showing how we don't have control of our lives we don't know when we can have our break and just walk into heaven because there's still things and responsibilities that need to be done such as filling that barrel with apples. However he's tired he feels he has paid his dues in life I think that's what he meant when he said i'm done apple picking. "Essence of winter sleep is on the night"He declares that his time to rest is now."I'm drowsing off" I feel he's saying i'm finished i'm coming to the end of my line. Even though he is tired and wants this hard life to end work keeps piling on"The rumbling sound of apples coming in"

No comments:

Post a Comment